Devoteam’s Policy for processing job applicants’ personal data
It explains why and how we collect your personal data, how we protect it and for how long we retain it. We keep your data in a safe and secure way and protectitagainst loss and unauthorised disclosure or access. Your personal data is processed in compliance with the data protection legislation, in particular according to the General Data Protection Regulation.
This Privacy Notice is made up as a Q&A list.
1. Who processes my personal data?
The ‘Controller’ of your personal data is the following legal entity:
Company number: 0466.475.275
2. What is the purpose for processing my personal data?
The purpose for processing your personal data is to register your application for a job in our company. When your application leads to the beginning of our selection procedure, we will save your profile in our database. This means that Devoteam will process all necessary data in order to assess your application regarding recruitment purposes.
Data processing is therefore necessary in order to undertake measures prior to recruitment and is in Devoteam’s legitimate interests. Herewith we refer to all necessary precautions taken to review your application before making an employment offer.
In case of a positive evaluation and decision for recruitment, your personal data will be processed for the draft of the employment agreement.
If we decide not to retain your application, your personal data will be kept for a certain period (see point 7). This in order to contact you for future relevant job opportunities. This is also in the legitimate interest of Devoteam.
3. Which type of personal data can be processed by Devoteam?
For the abovementioned purposes, the following personal data is processed:
- standard data related to your identity (name, first name, address…);
- personal data (date and place of birth, nationality, gender, phone number, email address, hobbies and interests, …);
- your picture;
- data with respect to your professional experience (profile, contact details of previous employers, reasons of leaving/termination, special projects, …), including reference checks mentioned on your CV (which means that Devoteam may contact them);
- data with respect to your education (diploma’s, certificates, internships, specific trainings, …)
- language skills;
- if applicable, your working and/or residence permit in the European Economic Area (EEA);
- any other personal data provided with your application, related to the exercise of the role;
- reviews through the internet (social media), if accessible to Devoteam;
- any other personal data (than mentioned above) required for processing according to the law.
You are not required to give us your personal data. However, failing to do so will obstruct the recruitment process.
4. Who will have access to my personal data?
The HR department, the new manager and sales team will have access to your personal data, strictly on a ‘need-to-know’ basis for the above-described purposes.
We will not share your data to third parties, except assessments centre etc. or other third parties if required for recruitment.
5. Can my personal data be transferred outside my country of residence?
Following your application, a Devoteam’s branch within the Devoteam group, located outside the EEA, may require access to, store and process your personal data. In order to transfer your personal data in compliance with the EU data protection principles, Devoteam has implemented all legal safety measures in accordance with the GDPR.
6. Will Devoteam adopt automated decision-making?
Automated decisions are defined as: decisions made on individuals following any automated data processing. Automated decisions may have legal repercussions and significantly affect the individuals involved.
In general, Devoteam does not adopt automated decision-making as described above. Devoteam’s decision to hire applicants is not based on automated processing of your personal data.
7. For how long Devoteam stores my personal data?
Your personal data will be kept for a set amount of time. If the recruitment does not result into an employment relationship, your personal data is be retained for a maximum period of four year after the end of the job application procedure. Therefore, we can contact you at any time in this period about suitable vacancies.
8. What are my rights relating to my personal data processing at Devoteam? Who may I contact?
You may ask Devoteam for assistance at any time regarding your application or treatment of your personal data.
Additionally, you have the right to contact Devoteam if you want to:
- Access, correct or delete your personal data;
- Restrict or object to the processing and/or transfer of your personal data;
- Withdraw your consent for the processing or transfer of your personal data (however, this will not affect the lawfulness of what we have done before such withdrawal);
- Receive your data in order to transmit it to another party (‘right to data portability’).
For further information on your rights at Devoteam you may contact our GDPR responsible:
- by mail email@example.com
- or send a letter to Devoteam NV/SA, Belgicastraat 17, 1930 Zaventem.
By submitting your application, you agree that Devoteam collect your data for the purpose of recruitment.
This website is edited by:
Société anonyme à directoire et Conseil de Surveillance au capital de 1 527 761 € RCS Nanterre sous le numéro 402 968 655
Siège social/HQ: 73 Rue Anatole France 92300 Levallois-Perret
Tel: 01 41 49 48 48