Overview of the role
Key tasks and responsibilities, including but not limited to
The focus of the position will be to maintain and strengthen robust business processes and systems in relation to transactional services, production of financial statements and the management of the year-end and audit process. You will be expected to identify and implement ways of streamlining and improving the efficiency of systems and processes, working closely with Group Finance and departments throughout the organisation to achieve this.
You will be an effective manager and provide leadership to four people within the department including one qualified accountant. The role includes responsibility for tax and VAT compliance, for the UK including queries and liaison with tax advisors. You will be the first line contact for internal and external auditors, presenting papers for the audit and risk committee meetings, gaining key engagement with senior personnel. You will work closely with the UK management team to ensure all critical performance data of the company is available to them in a timely manner.
What you’ll need to succeed:
You will be a fully qualified accountant and have significant experience working in a finance line management role preferably in an IT professional services organisation.
You will have proven experience of managing year-end processes and liaising with auditors, as well as a good working knowledge of statutory accounts.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of change management and delivering efficiencies in financial processing. You should be confident in your knowledge and ability to deal with VAT and tax compliance.
Candidates who have trained in practice are also encouraged to apply, especially those with line management experience. You will be bright and have strong attention to detail, but also personable and able to liaise with all levels within the organisation. You will have a demonstrable knowledge of commercial contracts with a good understanding of the risks / issues of T&M, fixed price and outcomes based pricing.
· Work with the Group Finance to develop and implement their Finance frameworks
· Prepare the monthly/Quarterly accounts and year-end financial audit
· Provide monthly reports for cash flow, budgeting, and forecasting for the UK
· Present to the UK management and the exec board the current finance commentary and trends
· Oversee the group treasury, cash reporting, and liquidity management and credit control and utilisation of consultants
· Commercial ownership of company contracts including office and IT
· Management and development of a team of 4 in finance and two indirect reports
This role supplies an opportunity to work within a growing business where you will be the Finance lead, managing a team and a business towards continued success.
· Provide key financial analysis and reports, monitoring performance to aid corporate objectives
· Preparation of the annual budget, partnering budget holders and executive team
· Cash flow forecasting, oversee group treasury and ensure cash management is optimised
· Oversee compliance for all group financial regulatory matters
· Ensure strong internal controls and be the point of contact for auditors, banks and external parties
· Ad hoc reports and activities alongside the Country Manager and business heads
Key Technical Skills
· Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
· Proven Management background
· Have an understanding of Group / Portfolio Accounting
· Can do attitude, well organised and results driven
· Professional communicator, both written & verbal
· It is likely the successful Financial Controller will have at least 5 – 10 years relevant experience in a similar role
Who are we?
At Devoteam, we deliver innovative technology consulting for business.
As a pure player for Digital Transformation of large organisations across EMEA, our 7,200+ professionals are dedicated to ensuring our clients win their digital battles. With a unique transformation DNA, we connect business and technology.
Present in 18 countries in Europe and the Middle East, and drawing on more than 20 years of experience, we shape Technology for People, so it creates value for our clients, for our partners and for our employees.
What we do?
Through Scale! Our 2020 strategic 2020 plan, Devoteam is engaged in a value growth strategy based on our pure player position for digital transformation of Large Organisation across EMEA.
To deploy our digital, agile and cloud platform strategies, as well as to respond to the needs of a new generation CIO’s, we have defined portfolio based on 7 offer which will allow us to address any issues our clients might encounter during their digital transformation.
#DigitalTransformakers of Support roles
#Ultra-Connected #IdeasProducer #KingOfManagement
Are you full of energy, unrivalled in your power of communication, with “geek” your mother tongue?
Does the thought of joining an international group with the spirit of an agile start-up to become steeped in innovation attract you? Are your buzzwords ultra-connected, innovation and agility? Gifted in Finance, HR and other backoffice functions? Do you dream of an internal career at Devoteam offices?
We offer you the possibility to learn a lot, to develop yourself and to grow in our organization. We have a place for you in our family!
Similar job offersRecent offers
Chargé(e) de recrutement
Other Support Functions
Assistant ADV H/F
Other Support Functions
Business Analyst Junior – Finance H/F
Human Resources / Training
Talent Acquisition Partner Senior H/F
Other Support Functions
Assistant(e) RH H/F
Finance / Controlling / Accounting
Alternance – Assistant Comptable Trésorerie H/F
Apprenticeship / Working students