Kafka Engineer Wanted!
We are currently looking for a Kafka Engineer. This is a Senior Security Engineer
role in the DevOps Practice, Service and Digital Platform Business Unit. This practice
is responsible for a number of DevOps platforms and processes across the clients.
He designs, implements and supports Kafka infrastructure and DevOps
infrastructure (OpenShift) for these clients.
You will work for a company focused on market leading technologies in a fast
evolving and dynamic technology landscape.
Devoteam is growing fast and would welcome committed and enthusiastic
individuals with good DevOps, Data and Middleware skills and expertise to join us
The Senior Kafka Engineer will:
– Lead and manage the technical implementation of projects in the DevOps
– Produce and implement technical solution designs which will cover all related
aspects of a Kafka Solutions. From specifying the required network
connectivity requirements, S/W installation and configuration tasks Kafka
configuration and integration.
– Keep track of new technologies within the DevOps and Big Data landscape and
introduce these within the platform.
– Work collaboratively within matrixed project teams, coordinate technical
resources between different clients.
– Guarantee the stability of our environments and solve the L3 incidents and
– Able to run technical workshops and clearly communicate technical ideas
– Builds strong and trusted relationships with other teams, vendors and
– Good attention to detail and can-do attitude; Strong and self-motivated
– Work with external suppliers to resolve issues, and ultimately be accountable
for the successful technical implementation of the projects.
In depth knowledge and implementation experience in the design,
engineering and deployment of (ideally large scale) Kafka infrastructure.
You have specific experience in deploying, maintaining and monitoring
robust stream processing architectures built on Kafka.
– Ideally you know your way around related existing and upcoming Big Data
technologies (Hadoop stack – Cloudera, Spark, …).
– Ideally you know your way around related existing and upcoming DevOps
technologies (Infrastructure as a code, OpenShift, Jenkins, Gitlab, Istio,
– You are willing to invest time and effort to learn new technologies.
– You have Solid Linux technical knowledge and operational experience
including Kerberos and automation tools such as Puppet or Ansible. You
feel at ease with scripting (Bash, Python).
– Good understanding of IT networks (TCP/IP, Firewalls)
– Good understanding of security concepts and technologies in the wider.
– Structured and methodical approach to problem solving.
– Innovator by nature. Thinking out of the box.
– Proactive, highly motivated individual with a serious work ethic and goal-
– Excellent communication and presentation skills.
– Bachelor in computer-science/engineering, or minimum 2 years hands-on
experience in infrastructure.
– Experience in multicultural environment is an advantage.
– Proven management skills are an advantage.
Devoteam Belgium is a strong professional services player active in the Digital World of IT, Telecom and Media. We improve business performance by making our clients truly digital. We advise our clients and build their IT for digital services, and make sure people are along for the ride.
In Belgium we are with a team of 250 highly skilled professionals in Digital SMACS:
Social, Mobility, Analytics, Cloud & Security
connected with an international Group of 4600 colleagues in 17 EMEA countries.
We offer you:
v A challenging and variable job
v A training path and missions with personal follow up
v An attractive and competitive remuneration package
v Interesting fringe benefits like a company car, group assurance, DKV and laptop choice
Are you interested? Contact us and become a Digital Transformaker!
#ManagerSpirit #ClientCentric #Agility
Do you dream of digital transformation, have a doctorate in listening to and understanding clients?
Does advising the management of an organisation on lots of strategic projects fire you up? Do you relish the challenge of contributing to our own business at any chance you get? Are your buzzwords independence, dynamism and proactivity?
Don’t delay. We have a place for you in our family!
Similar job offers56 offers
OpenShift Architect (m/w/d)
Security – Competence Leader (m/w)
Consultant – Développeur Back-End (H/F)
IT Asset Management / BI Consultant